Wednesday 23 January 2008

All you need is love

Pericopa apostolică de azi trimite la fragmentul atribuit Sf. Pavel din Corinteni despre iubire (love, charity) ca podoabă de mare preţ ce ne spală de toată sluţenia cu care ne-a maculat ţinerea de minte a răului: „Brethren, love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect; but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood. So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”

Imaginea acestor cuvinte l-a fascinat şi pe regizorul rus Andrei Tarkovski, atunci când le-a rostit (prin personajul său, zugravul de icoane Andrei Rubliov, canonizat de Biseric
ă în 1988) în capodopera sa din 1967, Andrei Rubliov.

No comments: