Friday 25 January 2008

...and even the horses had wings...

I was born into a world full of angels and kings
and there was some place to grow and someone to be
and even the horses had wings
and even in the darkest of storms you knew that the sun was still there
and even the horses had wings
it was that special kind of world, with its heart set on laughter
and the sun was meant to be touched and the dream to be after
at the end of each day was the wonder of each night
and even the horses had wings
that was the world that I knew as a child
I can't believe it's changed - it's got to be the world
and somehow we can mend it like it was
we can make it like it was before
when even the horses had wings
I'm dying in a world that will die before death
because angels don't exist and kings never laugh
and I'm afraid I've forgotten I believed that there really was a world
where even the horses had wings
here am I, alone now
...there was something that I meant to do,
but it's been so long ago that I can't remember what it was...
...horses...?

(the song ...and even the horses had wings... was performed by Kathy "Bobo" Bates in the film Taking Off by Milos Forman)

No comments: